Wednesday, 11. December 2013 - 21:12
29. 01. 13. - 19:00
Style Bible shows the look of Life Ball 2013 - the countdown to creative costume creations and Life Ball tickets is on.
On January, 29 the Style Bible will be released on www.stylebible.org, showing how opulent, colourful and sensuous the 21st Life Ball will be – and inviting everybody to enjoy the fantasy of 1001 Arabian Nights on May 25.
Each and every year, those guests who help create the visual flamboyance of the ball by wearing glamorous outfits show their solidarity with Life Ball’s philosophy in the most beautiful way. In the Style Bible, they can find inspiration for attending the Life Ball with a Style Ticket. The regular ticket sale starts on March 4 and ends on March 14; the new Life Ball VIP tickets can already be reserved.
Letting go of the veil of the daily routine, dancing against exclusion and breaking conventions by being creative – this is how the Life Ball 2013 will combine the fight against AIDS with its familiar joie de vivre.
Its motto, 1001 Arabian Nights, not only makes you unleash your creativity, but it also makes you think: Because, like in all the tales, we face the fight between the eternal opposites: empathy and selfishness, tolerance and ignorance.
The Style Bible has lavishly been created in order to translate the diversity of the oriental tales into Life Ball looks and to give an insight into a world where wisdom, sophistication and high moral standards smoothly melt together with mythical creatures, exoticism and spirituality.
88 models have posed for four days and nights in front of photographer Markus Morianz’s camera, among them German top model Sara Nuru and Conchita Wurst. Wrapped into robes embroidered with jewels and oriental cloth, the sensuousness of the materials also spreads to their wearers in the pictures – and thus, in combination with elaborate henna paint, pieces of jewelry and accessories, a whole piece of art is created for every character, each uniquely shining and sending a message.
What does this mean for the creation of the perfect Life Ball outfit? What makes the Life Ball style of 2013 an impressive and dignified statement for all participants in the fight against HIV and AIDS is not just mere provocation, but refinement and love of detail. For all those who want to get inspired by the Style Bible not only online, it can also be found as a supplement to the magazine wienlive, which is available in around 2000 newsagents all over Austria.
Tickets for Life Ball 2013 – Information & Promotions
Those who want to participate in this year’s ball night under the sign of life can choose from different ticket categories:
• The regular ticket sale, in cooperation with the Kronen Zeitung newspaper, will take place from Monday, March 4 until Friday, March 14. You can register for tickets exclusively during this time span on www.krone.at/lifeball. There are either regular tickets for EUR 150 each or Style Tickets for EUR 75 each, which have a more reasonable price because as they are supposed to award all those who make an effort to create a highly imaginative outfit. Those who will receive a ticket are randomly chosen from all people registered. All participants will be informed via email until March 16 whether they receive a Life Ball ticket.
• Those who want to spend Life Ball 2013 in a particularly exclusive ambiance can closely watch the opening ceremony from a roofed VIP tribune with the new all-inclusive VIP ticket for EUR 750 each. Afterwards, there will be an exclusive show, involving a life performance of an international artist for VIP guests in the Grand Festive Hall of the Vienna City Hall. On the tribune as well as in the Grand Festive Hall, all beverages – from wine and beer to spirits to champagne – are included. This luxurious package is rounded off by culinary delights from the Viennese specialist of oriental lifestyle, Aux Gazelles.
With a lounge table for EUR 3000 each, there is also the possibility of using the Life Ball as a host and to invite up to twelve holders of VIP tickets – friends, business partners, clients – to a table in the Grand Festive Hall. In the extra lounges with personal beverage service and a multicourse dinner, you can enjoy pure oriental hospitality.
• What’s more, every year there is a special quota of 100 Style Tickets for the Life Ball Family. Those who want to take part in the competition can submit a picture of themselves in their most shining and exciting Life Ball outfit to email@example.com until March 1.
• Further information about other ticket promotions and specials can constantly be found on www.lifeball.org or on www.facebook.com/LifeBall.
The Style Bible Production 2013 – Facts & Figures
• ln total, 88 models brought characters like Ali Baba, Sinbad or Aladdin to life – among them was German top model Sara Nuru as main character Scheherazade as well as Conchita Wurst as Persian princess in the subject of the "Seven Princesses".
• In around 2000 working hours, 35 pupils and graduates of the School for Design Herbststraße embellished the numerous costumes, which once again have mainly been provided by ART for ART.
• 24 palettes with sceneries and decorations of the Vienna State Opera have been delivered.
• In the props and costumes, there are tens of thousands of shimmering Swarovski ELEMENTS crystals – countless ornamentation pieces, flowers made of cloth and pearls from ZARUBA have been sowed on the costumes, headpieces and accessories in hours of detailed work.
• 40 wigs and 70 hair pieces as well as over 100 M.A.C cosmetics products were used.
• The countless props filled around fifteen truckloads, sponsored by DB Schenker.
Talks over Iran nuclear programme progress in Vienna
Talks in Vienna over the terms of a interim agreement about Iran's nuclear programme are not expected to produce a start date for the country's six month pause on activity.
A win against Austria Vienna could put Zenit through to next round
A win against Austria Vienna tomorrow could see Zenit St Petersburg through to the next stage of the UEFA Championship League.
WhatÂ´s on at the Burg Kino cinema this week (13 December â€“ 19 December)
The following films are on at the English language Burg Kino cinema on the Opernring between November 13th and December 19th.
Mayor resigns after anti-Semitic remarks
A mayor in Austria who called for journalists to be hanged because 'they are like the Jews' has resigned from his post running the village of Gfohl.
Final chance to see Elisabeth musical in Vienna
It's the last chance for musical fans to catch the renowned Austrian musical about the story of 19th century Empress Sisi as it enters the final few months of performances in Vienna.
World Record Breaking Ski World Record Attempt
The Austrian capital already holds many records, often voted the city with the best quality of life in the world, or being the only capital city with vineyards in the city limits - but not many people know it's also the only capital city to offer a traditional mountain skiing experience in the city limits.
Finissage for Outsider in a Box by Dwora Fried
Itâ€™s hard to believe that Dwora Fried â€” a native Austrian with unruly, fiery red hair, a lesbian, world traveler, mother of four and daughter of a Holocaust survivor â€” is able to create artwork just as complicated, dynamic and vivacious as herself, all within a wooden box thatâ€™s only 31 centimeters wide, 21 centimeters high and 8 centimeters deep.
Semmering Zauberberg Opens This Weekend
The long awaited ski start at Viennaâ€™s local ski resort Semmering Zauberberg kicks off this weekend when the pistes are opened for snow sports fans.
Meeting over oil production level held in Vienna
In a meeting behind closed doors in Austria this week, the Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) decided to maintain their target for oil barrel production at 30 million a day.
Insurers encouraged to loan directly to big companies
Austrian insurers are being given access to additional revenue from early next year, when the country's markets watchdog will allow insurers to loan directly to big companies.
The most popular stories –
last 7 days
|Austria sees biggest increase in property prices in Europe|
|Finissage for Outsider in a Box by Dwora Fried|
|Austria paving the way in air traffic control|
|Acclaimed comedy show comes to Vienna|
|Semmering Zauberberg Opens This Weekend|