Monday, 26. January 2015 - 23:01
29. 01. 13. - 19:00
Style Bible shows the look of Life Ball 2013 - the countdown to creative costume creations and Life Ball tickets is on.
On January, 29 the Style Bible will be released on www.stylebible.org, showing how opulent, colourful and sensuous the 21st Life Ball will be – and inviting everybody to enjoy the fantasy of 1001 Arabian Nights on May 25.
Each and every year, those guests who help create the visual flamboyance of the ball by wearing glamorous outfits show their solidarity with Life Ball’s philosophy in the most beautiful way. In the Style Bible, they can find inspiration for attending the Life Ball with a Style Ticket. The regular ticket sale starts on March 4 and ends on March 14; the new Life Ball VIP tickets can already be reserved.
Letting go of the veil of the daily routine, dancing against exclusion and breaking conventions by being creative – this is how the Life Ball 2013 will combine the fight against AIDS with its familiar joie de vivre.
Its motto, 1001 Arabian Nights, not only makes you unleash your creativity, but it also makes you think: Because, like in all the tales, we face the fight between the eternal opposites: empathy and selfishness, tolerance and ignorance.
The Style Bible has lavishly been created in order to translate the diversity of the oriental tales into Life Ball looks and to give an insight into a world where wisdom, sophistication and high moral standards smoothly melt together with mythical creatures, exoticism and spirituality.
88 models have posed for four days and nights in front of photographer Markus Morianz’s camera, among them German top model Sara Nuru and Conchita Wurst. Wrapped into robes embroidered with jewels and oriental cloth, the sensuousness of the materials also spreads to their wearers in the pictures – and thus, in combination with elaborate henna paint, pieces of jewelry and accessories, a whole piece of art is created for every character, each uniquely shining and sending a message.
What does this mean for the creation of the perfect Life Ball outfit? What makes the Life Ball style of 2013 an impressive and dignified statement for all participants in the fight against HIV and AIDS is not just mere provocation, but refinement and love of detail. For all those who want to get inspired by the Style Bible not only online, it can also be found as a supplement to the magazine wienlive, which is available in around 2000 newsagents all over Austria.
Tickets for Life Ball 2013 – Information & Promotions
Those who want to participate in this year’s ball night under the sign of life can choose from different ticket categories:
• The regular ticket sale, in cooperation with the Kronen Zeitung newspaper, will take place from Monday, March 4 until Friday, March 14. You can register for tickets exclusively during this time span on www.krone.at/lifeball. There are either regular tickets for EUR 150 each or Style Tickets for EUR 75 each, which have a more reasonable price because as they are supposed to award all those who make an effort to create a highly imaginative outfit. Those who will receive a ticket are randomly chosen from all people registered. All participants will be informed via email until March 16 whether they receive a Life Ball ticket.
• Those who want to spend Life Ball 2013 in a particularly exclusive ambiance can closely watch the opening ceremony from a roofed VIP tribune with the new all-inclusive VIP ticket for EUR 750 each. Afterwards, there will be an exclusive show, involving a life performance of an international artist for VIP guests in the Grand Festive Hall of the Vienna City Hall. On the tribune as well as in the Grand Festive Hall, all beverages – from wine and beer to spirits to champagne – are included. This luxurious package is rounded off by culinary delights from the Viennese specialist of oriental lifestyle, Aux Gazelles.
With a lounge table for EUR 3000 each, there is also the possibility of using the Life Ball as a host and to invite up to twelve holders of VIP tickets – friends, business partners, clients – to a table in the Grand Festive Hall. In the extra lounges with personal beverage service and a multicourse dinner, you can enjoy pure oriental hospitality.
• What’s more, every year there is a special quota of 100 Style Tickets for the Life Ball Family. Those who want to take part in the competition can submit a picture of themselves in their most shining and exciting Life Ball outfit to email@example.com until March 1.
• Further information about other ticket promotions and specials can constantly be found on www.lifeball.org or on www.facebook.com/LifeBall.
The Style Bible Production 2013 – Facts & Figures
• ln total, 88 models brought characters like Ali Baba, Sinbad or Aladdin to life – among them was German top model Sara Nuru as main character Scheherazade as well as Conchita Wurst as Persian princess in the subject of the "Seven Princesses".
• In around 2000 working hours, 35 pupils and graduates of the School for Design Herbststraße embellished the numerous costumes, which once again have mainly been provided by ART for ART.
• 24 palettes with sceneries and decorations of the Vienna State Opera have been delivered.
• In the props and costumes, there are tens of thousands of shimmering Swarovski ELEMENTS crystals – countless ornamentation pieces, flowers made of cloth and pearls from ZARUBA have been sowed on the costumes, headpieces and accessories in hours of detailed work.
• 40 wigs and 70 hair pieces as well as over 100 M.A.C cosmetics products were used.
• The countless props filled around fifteen truckloads, sponsored by DB Schenker.
Mad About Mammoths At Vienna Museum
A unique exhibition in the Austrian capital Vienna has proved a massive hit after bringing together for the first time some of the most famous frozen woolly mammoth remains.
Spate of Crimes throughout Vienna and Lower Austria Solved
Four men have been arrested after committing 113 break-ins, 21 thefts and causing at least 260,000 Euros worth of damage.
Dad Punished Child, 2, With Boiling Hot Shower
A two-year-old girl is in an artificial coma and fighting for her life after her father threw her into a scalding hot shower leaving her with severe burns at the family home in the Austrian capital Vienna.
Police And Firemen Get Cold Turkey
Flipping the bird was given a new meaning in Austria this week when a truck filled with plucked turkeys overturned, closing a busy motorway in the process.
Halloween At The Zoo
Pumpkin pie might be the order of the day for people this Halloween but now zoo animals are also getting in on the act.
Baby Naked Mole Rats Born In Vienna
With their pink hairless bodies and fangs for front teeth, these baby naked mole rats were never going to win any cuteness contests at Schonbrunn Zoo in the Austrian capital Vienna.
Jihad Girls Gunpoint Retraction Of Desire To Go Home
Austrian anti-terrorism police believe that an interview given to a French magazine allegedly with one of the two teenage girls who fled to Syria to join in the jihad was probably carried out at gunpoint.
MEP caught In Brit papers Fraud Probe Jailed
A corrupt MEP caught by a British newspaper offering to propose amendments to EU laws in exchange for 100,000 euros a year has been given a three-year-jail term.
Vienna Jihad Girls Want To Come Home
The two Austrian teenage girls who became â€˜poster girlsâ€™ for the jihad in Syria are now desperate to come home after getting completely disillusioned with their new lifestyles.
Viennese Jihad Girl May Have Been Killed
Austrian police say that one of the two attractive young teenage girls who fled the country to go to Syria to fight on the side of Islamic rebels may have been killed.
The most popular stories –
last 7 days