Sunday, 09. March 2014 - 01:03
29. 01. 13. - 19:00
Style Bible shows the look of Life Ball 2013 - the countdown to creative costume creations and Life Ball tickets is on.
On January, 29 the Style Bible will be released on www.stylebible.org, showing how opulent, colourful and sensuous the 21st Life Ball will be – and inviting everybody to enjoy the fantasy of 1001 Arabian Nights on May 25.
Each and every year, those guests who help create the visual flamboyance of the ball by wearing glamorous outfits show their solidarity with Life Ball’s philosophy in the most beautiful way. In the Style Bible, they can find inspiration for attending the Life Ball with a Style Ticket. The regular ticket sale starts on March 4 and ends on March 14; the new Life Ball VIP tickets can already be reserved.
Letting go of the veil of the daily routine, dancing against exclusion and breaking conventions by being creative – this is how the Life Ball 2013 will combine the fight against AIDS with its familiar joie de vivre.
Its motto, 1001 Arabian Nights, not only makes you unleash your creativity, but it also makes you think: Because, like in all the tales, we face the fight between the eternal opposites: empathy and selfishness, tolerance and ignorance.
The Style Bible has lavishly been created in order to translate the diversity of the oriental tales into Life Ball looks and to give an insight into a world where wisdom, sophistication and high moral standards smoothly melt together with mythical creatures, exoticism and spirituality.
88 models have posed for four days and nights in front of photographer Markus Morianz’s camera, among them German top model Sara Nuru and Conchita Wurst. Wrapped into robes embroidered with jewels and oriental cloth, the sensuousness of the materials also spreads to their wearers in the pictures – and thus, in combination with elaborate henna paint, pieces of jewelry and accessories, a whole piece of art is created for every character, each uniquely shining and sending a message.
What does this mean for the creation of the perfect Life Ball outfit? What makes the Life Ball style of 2013 an impressive and dignified statement for all participants in the fight against HIV and AIDS is not just mere provocation, but refinement and love of detail. For all those who want to get inspired by the Style Bible not only online, it can also be found as a supplement to the magazine wienlive, which is available in around 2000 newsagents all over Austria.
Tickets for Life Ball 2013 – Information & Promotions
Those who want to participate in this year’s ball night under the sign of life can choose from different ticket categories:
• The regular ticket sale, in cooperation with the Kronen Zeitung newspaper, will take place from Monday, March 4 until Friday, March 14. You can register for tickets exclusively during this time span on www.krone.at/lifeball. There are either regular tickets for EUR 150 each or Style Tickets for EUR 75 each, which have a more reasonable price because as they are supposed to award all those who make an effort to create a highly imaginative outfit. Those who will receive a ticket are randomly chosen from all people registered. All participants will be informed via email until March 16 whether they receive a Life Ball ticket.
• Those who want to spend Life Ball 2013 in a particularly exclusive ambiance can closely watch the opening ceremony from a roofed VIP tribune with the new all-inclusive VIP ticket for EUR 750 each. Afterwards, there will be an exclusive show, involving a life performance of an international artist for VIP guests in the Grand Festive Hall of the Vienna City Hall. On the tribune as well as in the Grand Festive Hall, all beverages – from wine and beer to spirits to champagne – are included. This luxurious package is rounded off by culinary delights from the Viennese specialist of oriental lifestyle, Aux Gazelles.
With a lounge table for EUR 3000 each, there is also the possibility of using the Life Ball as a host and to invite up to twelve holders of VIP tickets – friends, business partners, clients – to a table in the Grand Festive Hall. In the extra lounges with personal beverage service and a multicourse dinner, you can enjoy pure oriental hospitality.
• What’s more, every year there is a special quota of 100 Style Tickets for the Life Ball Family. Those who want to take part in the competition can submit a picture of themselves in their most shining and exciting Life Ball outfit to firstname.lastname@example.org until March 1.
• Further information about other ticket promotions and specials can constantly be found on www.lifeball.org or on www.facebook.com/LifeBall.
The Style Bible Production 2013 – Facts & Figures
• ln total, 88 models brought characters like Ali Baba, Sinbad or Aladdin to life – among them was German top model Sara Nuru as main character Scheherazade as well as Conchita Wurst as Persian princess in the subject of the "Seven Princesses".
• In around 2000 working hours, 35 pupils and graduates of the School for Design Herbststraße embellished the numerous costumes, which once again have mainly been provided by ART for ART.
• 24 palettes with sceneries and decorations of the Vienna State Opera have been delivered.
• In the props and costumes, there are tens of thousands of shimmering Swarovski ELEMENTS crystals – countless ornamentation pieces, flowers made of cloth and pearls from ZARUBA have been sowed on the costumes, headpieces and accessories in hours of detailed work.
• 40 wigs and 70 hair pieces as well as over 100 M.A.C cosmetics products were used.
• The countless props filled around fifteen truckloads, sponsored by DB Schenker.
What is on at Burg Kino this week (7 March - 13 March)
See what films are on this week at the Burg Kino on the Opernring.
Police catch graffiti-villain of Vienna
A graffiti sprayer, named "Puber" has been one of the main "villains" of Vienna for almost a year. He has filled almost the half of the city with his drawings. Now, a suspect, alleged to be the notorious sprayer himself is in the police custody of Vienna and may face up to five years in prison.
Apartment sales drop in Austria
According to the brokerage firm Re/Max, the number of the real estate sales in Austria has declined around 8.3% in the last year. The exact number of properties which were sold and bought accounts to over 80,000 units, which translates into 16 billion euros. Apartments were the most popular type of property sold last year, accounting for 28,000 of the units sold, but there has still been a 9.3% decrease from the last year.
McDonalds boom in Austria
McDonald's in Austria generated 560 million Euros in sales in 2013 after introducing more branches and expanding it's product range.
Exhibition takes you on a journey with Sigmund Freud
To mark the 75th anniversary of Sigmund Freud's death, the museum dedicated to him in Vienna is holding an exhibition looking at Freud's journeys around the world, including his final one that saw him flee National Socialism in 1938.
Plastic replacing fish in the Danube
The Danube is so polluted that there are now more plastic particles than fish larvae in the water according to new research.
Rediscovered 'degenerate' painting on show at Belvedere
A painting that was rediscovered in 2012, decades after it was seized by the Nazi's for being 'degenerate', is on display at the Belvedere Palace in Vienna.
Austrian Airlines spellcheck mishap
The online copyeditor for Austrian Airlines will be getting a slap on the wrist after it was embarrassingly revealed that the English version of their website is riddled with spelling and grammatical errors.
FPOe former press officer cleared over Nazi SS posts
The former press spokesperson for the Freedom Party (FPOe) has been cleared by prosecutors in Austria after Nazi quotes appeared on his Facebook page.
Air China to fly to Spain via Vienna
A new four times weekly Air China flight between Beijing and Barcelona will stop off in Vienna when the route is launched on 5 May this year.
The most popular stories –
last 7 days
|Animal rights group protest against Burberry fur in Vienna|
|Vienna first city to be granted personal domain name|
|Austrian Airlines spellcheck mishap|
|Insider reports errors in sick leave system|
|Air China to fly to Spain via Vienna|